Aera Energy Public Affairs Team
Aera Energy Public Affairs Team
- Manage external communications and media relations (through traditional and social media) in alignment with Aera’s narrative strategy.
- Manage Aera’s external communications and social media plans and update plans annually.
- Support strategic business objectives and publicize company’s position on key issues.
- Oversee the development and dissemination of press releases and other external communications/marketing materials.
- Pitch Aera news stories for placement in social and traditional media.
- Manage development of stakeholder engagement communications/marketing materials.
- Oversee company’s external website, reviewing and updating/refreshing content as needed.
- Develop annual social media calendar, including key messages and delivery platforms
- Develop external communications/marketing materials and disseminate as appropriate
- Procure and post social media messages from existing resources (trade associations, industry, Aera) and ensure Aera approval for posting in accordance with annual communications plans and calendars
- Manage media relationships in coordination with public affairs field staff.
- Partner with government affairs and PA team on employee calls-to action and to ensure employee communications align with company efforts to positively influence industry narrative.
- Coordinate with internal communications to ensure knowledge transfer and alignment on external messaging.
- Maintain Aera’s external emergency response website and serve on Aera’s emergency response communications team.
- Serve as a spokesperson for the company.
- Serve as communication subject matter expert on various external projects/teams, as needed
- Team player and self-starter who can work cross-functionally and is willing to try out new ways of doing things.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate ambiguous situations
- Superior journalism/public relations writing/editing skills with strong knowledge of AP stylebook
- Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to work with individuals in all levels of the organization
- Strong knowledge of communications and social media platforms (e.g. Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Salesforce or other email online publishing tools)
- Knowledge of basic publication layout and design; basic photography and video skills
- Microsoft SharePoint content management and site administration desired
- General web publishing, including familiarity with tools such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Must be authentic by being genuine and real; combining candor with care. Staying true and committed to Aera and the community.
- Must be resilient by recognizing that change is constant. The ability to persevere and excel in the face of adversity by turning challenges into opportunities.
- Must be accountable to yourself, others, and the community in which we live, work, and operate.
- Must be innovative by having a passion for learning and relentless commitment to improvement.
- Must be collaborative by respecting and celebrating differences and recognizing the power of uniqueness.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Communications or related field of study is required
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in external communications, media relations or public relations
- Experience advising senior leaders on business opportunities, communications objectives, content strategy and message
- Experience driving results through performance indicators and metrics
- Experience managing multiple priorities with tight deadlines
- Experience with print and electronic media; digital marketing/social media experience
BAKERSFIELD, California, United States
Full job description is here: https://www.aeraenergy.com/careers/career-opportunities/search-current-vacancies/apply-now/ (External Communications Lead position)