Manage finance and accounting departments providing information, primarily, financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist management in making educated economic decisions about the company's future. This is a hands-on position requiring knowledge of Quick Books Enterprise Wholesale and Manufacturing.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Performs the activities for the companies accounting department producing accurate and timely financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, progress billings, job costing, contract administration, annual audits and budgets.
2. Oversee the activities of the disbursement department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, core employee expense reports, cash control, core payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance.
3. Oversee the activities of the accounts receivable department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application, etc; funding service management, which includes weekly funding reports and customer service; quarter and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports; and check statistic management.
4. Assure corporate income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
5. Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company's value.
6. Reports to parent company Controller, COO and CEO. Complete work as assigned accurately and timely.
7. Works with corporate controller to prepare financials and close the books by the 5th working day of every month.
8. Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
9. Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
10. Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
1. Financial Management.
2. Technical Capacity.
3. Performance Management.
4. Ethical Conduct.
5. Communication Proficiency.
6. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
7. Project Management.
This job operates in a clerical office and manufacturing setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time salaried position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position may require some travel and relocation to El Centro, CA for season.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
2. Ten years of hands-on accounting managerial experience in agriculture industry.
Preferred Education and Experience
2. CPA certification.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Self-starter and problem solver with experience in agriculture produce pre-cooling, cold storage and logistics a real plus. You must be able to walk in and go to work.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
Contact Scott Klein email@example.com for more information or to apply.