The General Manager of Central Coast Cooling, LLC will plan, direct, coordinate and oversee operation of the organization, ensuring development and implementation of cost-effective systems to meet current and future budgets and strategic plans of the company.
· Manages company P&L and day to day operations of all departments and coolers.
· Recruits, interviews, hires and trains management-level staff.
· Oversees the daily workflow and operations.
· Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
· Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
· In collaboration with the parent company establishes, implements, and communicates the strategic plan
· Works with the Parent’s executive leadership to hold company accountable to achieve budgets, follow the strategic plans and complete key initiatives in the strategic plan.
· Collaborates with executive leadership to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations projects and systems.
· Collaborates with Parent’s team to carry out the organization’s goals and objectives.
· Identifies, recommends, and implements new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and use of resources and materials.
· Ensures that the company is following policies and procedures that will improve day-to-day operations, capture needed data, and enhance customer service and satisfaction.
· Oversees and obtains bids for proprietary software program and system compatible with its customers software which will enable the company to trace cartons/fresh produce from receiving to shipping, enable warehouse management, track truck turn times and capture other important data.
· Oversees pre cooling equipment R&M and capital budget.
· Ensures project plans such as those for staffing, development, organization, material efficiency, hardware acquisitions, and facilities are in line with the organization’s business plans and vision.
· Establishes, communicates, and implements operations-related policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent support and execution to improve productivity, safety, day-to-day operations and customer satisfaction
· Reviews and approves cost-control reports, cost estimates, and staffing requirements for projects, to include without limitation BOMs for all projects.
· Establishes and administers the budget in conjunction with Parent.
· Controls costs by implementing cost-control measures.
· Ensures that CCC achieves the budgeted direct labor as a percentage of sales without sacrificing customer service (including truck turn times).
· Presents daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual performance reports and metrics to the chairman & chief executive officer and other leadership of Parent.
· Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in operations management.
· Identifies training needs and ensures proper training is developed and provided.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
· Extensive knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices in the industry.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
o Must have a mastery of cost accounting, project management, inventory and cold storage warehouse management with a history of delivering projects and achieving goals. The company measures financial performance using three score cards (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow). Vital KPIs are Revenue, COGS, Gross Profit, EBITDA, cash flow, quality and customer satisfaction.
· Learn and adhere to JLW management system and Circle of Success.
· Hands on at each site to ensure goal achievement.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Engineering, or other industry-related field required; MBA preferred.
· At least 15 years of industry-related experience including five years in upper management required.
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Contact Scott Klein email@example.com for more information or to apply.