The Don Chapin Company, Inc. is seeking qualified applicants for the position of CORPRATE CONTROLLER. The corporate controller is a dynamic position whose key functions include the management and oversight of all administrative, accounting, and financial activities of our general engineering construction company. Direct responsibilities include preparation of financial statements, budgeting, forecasting and other accounting functions, as well as cash and risk management. This position will report to the Executive Vice President and the President of the company.
Minimum qualifications are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting , Finance, or Business Administration. Master’s degree and/or CPA preferred.
- Ideal candidate would have a minimum of 10 years of experience in the Accounting and Finance fields. Preferred experience in the construction industry, Percentage of Completion Accounting, Job Cost Reporting, Prevailing Wage, and a strong background in the use of accounting software operating systems.
- Must have excellent computer skills; experience in accounting software (Spectrum a plus) and Microsoft Office Suites, Access, database or similar system knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and management skills
- Knowledge of accounting best practices, legal standards, and state and Federal regulations.
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations.
- Attention to detail and organized; self motivated leader
- Able to work well with senior executives, department heads and managers, as well as mentor/lead other team members.
Excellent compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Please print an application from our website at www.donchapin.com and send your resume to:
Human Resource Manager
560 Crazy Horse Canyon Rd.
Salinas, CA 93907