Electrician - Lhoist North American
Electrician - Lhoist North American
POSITION SUMMARY: To perform electrical and instrumentation inspections, repairs and rebuilds on all plant operating equipment to ensure continuous operation within the required quality control standards. This role is critical to achieving Plant OEE and Equipment Availability goals by elimination of unplanned stops and extended downtimes. Incumbents in the position are required to participate in company-sponsored training and certification programs to ensure that their job knowledge and skills meet with the evolving company standards.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
· Must comply with company, state and governmental health and safety regulations at all times
· Must complete and document Workplace Inspections in a timely manner
· Must be able to perform preventive maintenance checks and report findings (both verbally and in writing)
· Must participate in the work order initiation process when required
· Must ensure all inventory parts are correctly charged from Stores and assist with procurement of parts used as per LNA procedures
· Must possess a good knowledge of power distribution systems
· Must be able to perform low voltage and high voltage terminations
· Must have some experience and/or willingness & ability to learn performing maintenance on switchgear up to 2300 volts.
· Must have knowledge of low, medium and high voltage switching applications.
· Must have some experience and/or willingness & ability to learn motor ground testing and record keeping in Microsoft Excel.
· Must have experience with Windows OS and Microsoft Office programs. SAP experience preferred but not required.
· Must have some experience and/or willingness & ability to learn troubleshooting and maintaining all types of motor control circuits.
· Must be able to perform basic electrical calculations
· Must be willing to learn or have experience in Allen Bradley systems.
· Must be able to perform tasks with all electrical test equipment (volt meters, meggers, current generators, loop calibrators, etc)
· Must have some experience and/or willingness & ability to learn to fabricate and install conduit
· Must be able to perform soldering operations
· Must have some experience and/or willingness & ability to learn to test, troubleshoot and repair AC/DC motors and drives
· Must have some experience and/or willingness & ability to learn to troubleshoot and maintain air dryers
· Must have some experience and/or willingness & ability to learn to calibrate, troubleshoot and maintain belt-weighing devices
· Must have some experience and/or willingness & ability to learn to maintain and replace process control circuits including control valves, actuators and positioners
· Must be familiar with thermography and fully understand the uses
· Must be able to perform electrical procedures on low voltage equipment.
· Ensures maintenance tools are kept in good condition, repaired, replaced when necessary
· Must possess and maintain a complete set of personal hand tools as per the LNA tool list
· Must perform post-job inspection to ensure a high level of housekeeping standards
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Must be able to read and understand all types of electrical drawings.
Safe Quality Food (SQF)
· Ensure a SQF workplace and in regulatory compliance with Federal FDA – Food Modernization Safety Act (CFR Code of Federal Regulations Title 21, , Part 507)
· Support Environmental Health and Safety, as well as SQF initiatives and awareness programs.
· Be a leader and promoter of employee safety and SQF culture.
· Ensure employees have a clear understanding of expected safety and SQF performance and the required training.
· Ensure proper training programs are implemented for new employees and continued for existing employees.
· Actively participate in audits for regulatory, safety, SQF and environmental compliance at the site.
· Must be capable of working any shift, overtime, be on-call, or work seven days a week, if needed.
· Must be able to multi task with a strong sense of urgency to meet the customer needs.
· Must be able to work well within a team environment and take instructions from management and co-workers.
· Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently.
· Must possess the basic reading and math skills.
· Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
· Must possess basic computer skills on how to use MS Office products and SAP.
· Strong record of attendance reliability.
· Must know, understand and observe all department and plant safety rules and maintain a high level of housekeeping in assigned work areas.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Must be physically able to perform work assigned.
· Must be physically capable of accessing all plant locations.
· Access all areas within a site which could include heights of 150 feet, confined spaces, climbing ladders or stairs, and accessing tunnels.
· Will be working at times in covered environment but mainly in a lime/mineral environment.
· The employee will be exposed to the following working conditions: Extreme Heat and Cold, Noise, Vibration, Oils, and Atmospheric Conditions such as Dust, Fumes, and Lime/Mineral Particles.
· The employee will be required to perform the following actions (from time to time): Standing, walking, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, talking, seeing, hearing and sitting.
· Ability to lift/carry up to 50 pounds.
· High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
· Current Journeyman license. Associates Degree or Certificate in industrial electrical technology. NFPA 70-E arc flash training.
· 5 to 7 years electrical experience. Completion of an apprenticeship program, technical program, or equivalent experience in industrial background.
· Previous heavy manufacturing and/or mining experience is highly preferred.
Lhoist North America offers a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, and vacation. LNA also supports employee work-life balance with telecommuting and compressed workweek options for many positions.
Lhoist North America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35.00 - $40.00 per hour
To apply visit https://www.lhoist.com/us_en/application-process OR Email a resume directly to- email@example.com attention: Michelle Maes