HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT
$28.88 - $30.32/hour (Step 1-2) – Effective July 1, 2021 (Contingent on Board Approval)
Application Deadline: June 15, 2021
For full details and application: HR Assistant Job Details, Benefits, Pay
Contact: Jessica Dakis, HR Technician
Under general supervision, performs a variety of technical and administrative duties relating to staffing functions including recruitment, benefits administration, performance management, leaves of absence, workers’ compensation; provides information and assistance to employees regarding human resources activities, processes, policies, and procedures; prepares various correspondence and memoranda; coordinates activities related to area of assignment; and performs a variety of tasks requiring specialized knowledge related to area of assignment.
Perform clerical and administrative tasks for assigned areas of responsibilities, such as training coordination and scheduling, workers’ compensation claims processing and monitoring, performance management reporting and
- Provide customer service, both in-person and by telephone; screen and direct telephone calls; take and relay messages; answer questions from employees and public regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations relating to human resources management; respond to employment verification requests, and other requests for
- Coordinate, schedule and track employee physical exams, drug screening, or other medical
- Compose and type letters, memos, emails and other correspondence related to assigned human resources programs and activities; prepare a variety of reports including technical reports and status reports pertaining to human resource management programs and
- Process personnel actions forms and maintain personnel records to ensure timely performance evaluations and appropriate
- Maintain personnel files and records, including logs (data entry), filing,
- Research, compile and analyze data for special personnel projects and
- Provide back-up support to HR Technician and assist with recruitment process by creating new employee files and application packets, posting job openings, coordinate interviews, process new hire paperwork, maintain and track appropriate records for EEO compliance and assist with new employee benefit enrollment process, as
- Coordinate and schedule employee trainings and meetings and various events by making room arrangements, developing announcements, flyers, , and ensuring equipment and supplies are available.
- Performs data entry in HRIS for new hires, terminations, performance evaluations and other employee
- The position requires excellent time management, multi-tasking and excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Spanish.
- All District positions require the employee to provide good customer service to both internal and external customers, maintain positive and effective working relationships with other District employees, and adhere to assigned work schedule and meet District attendance standards.
- Other related duties as
Training and Experience:
- Three (3) years of varied and responsible experience in Human Resources or similar administrative support function. Associates degree required. Education requirement can be substituted for five years of experience working in the Human Resources field.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish required (written and oral).
- CA drivers’ license required.
- Human Resources functions and processes desired
- Safety regulations and processes; workers’ compensation regulations and processes desired
- Establishing and maintenance of record keeping and information retrieval systems
- Proper English usage, grammar, punctuation and composition
- Proper Spanish usage, grammar, punctuation and composition
- Sound customer service practices and procedures
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Basic accounting and statistical record keeping desired
- Multi-task and complete work with regular interruptions, while maintaining focus and attention to detail
- Facilitate training sessions.
- Perform a wide variety of complex and specialized administrative support tasks
- Interpret, explain and apply policies, rules and regulations
- Maintain standards of confidentiality
- Gather, organize, analyze and present a variety of data and information
- Prepare clear, concise, and accurate records and reports
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Apply sound judgement in a variety of circumstances with or without specific instructions