The Engagement Lead is responsible for the execution of the local event and marketing plans in the Peninsula Cities through a wide range of marketing strategies, this person will work with the local community to maximize participation and engagement of individuals and organizations with Blue Zones Project while representing stakeholder brands in a positive light.
This person will coordinate the delivery of collateral and promotional activities (on- line/off-line) to drive program participation through an engagement strategy developed by the Blue Zones Project team
This position requires a COVID-19 vaccination.
- Work with the local Community Program Manager, Organizations Lead, community stakeholders, media and other partners to create and implement a successful engagement plan in the community.
- Drive participation of individuals and organizations including schools, restaurants, grocery stores, businesses, and faith-based and civic groups as measured by the adoption and implementation of pledge actions to achieve certification as a Blue Zones Community®.
- Lead and manage local marketing, advertising/earned media, public relations, social media and production activities and tasks related to the implementation of the community marketing plan, in collaboration with the Blue Zones Project Monterey County Snr Marketing & Communications Manager.
- Create community-based grassroots strategies and coordinate delivery of supporting materials, with a specific focus on health equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Organize and manage community events, including ongoing recruitment and engagement of community volunteers.
- Write promotional pieces using standard templates, including drafting and sending partner newsletters and direct mail (email and snail mail).
- Develop and maintain a regular Peninsula Cities presence on social media channels.
- Adhere to Blue Zones Project branding guidelines and standards.
- Collaborate and share best practices with other PR, marketing, and engagement professionals across the Blue Zones Project network.
- Develop and meet monthly targets to ultimately achieve annual community blueprint people/engagement metrics.
- Compile engagement related performance/value measures, outcomes and community impact stories.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 3+ years of public relations or marketing experience.
- Proven track record working on strong, results-driven teams.
- Bilingual (Spanish), required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience in the use of CRM software a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a compelling voice that inspires citizens to engage in Blue Zones Project initiatives through newsletters, web content, event postings, blogging, Facebook, Twitter posts, YouTube, etc.
- Demonstrates initiative and mature judgment.
- Must be flexible and able to multi-task.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills and manages time and priorities to meet deadlines.
- Experience with photography, videography, and/or video editing a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment but remain appropriately detail-oriented.
- Creative, inspiring, influencing, collaborative, and responsible.
- Passionate about ensuring that health equity, diversity and inclusion are central to community engagement work
- Energized by Blue Zones Project mission.
- Covid-19 vaccination
Monterey, California 93940
Career Site - Self Service (adp.com)