Be part of a team that's bringing innovative leaders together from across the community to lead and ignite a movement to improve well-being on a significant scale -- a movement that promises to help your friends, family, and neighbors in South Monterey County, CA live longer, better.
Blue Zones Project is rooted in lessons learned from the world's longest-lived cultures. We translate these lessons into sustainable environmental changes that strengthen social ties, reshape the places where people spend their time, and sharpen policies to support healthy choices.
By engaging a critical mass of individuals and organizations to participate -- from restaurants, grocery stores and other retail food organizations -- the small changes contribute to huge benefits: lowered healthcare costs, improved productivity, and ultimately, a higher quality of life. For more information regarding Blue Zones Project please visit https://www.bluezonesproject.com/.
The Worksite Consultant and Community Public Policy Advocate is responsible for the successful advancement of the Blue Zones Project in South Monterey County, CA through engaging employers to implement well-being best practices and collect metrics to gage success. In addition, this Lead will work with community planners and policy leaders to implement community policy proven to enhance community well-being related to built environment, food and tobacco. Success is achieved when the local employers and policy leaders adopt the recommended changes to improve well-being and achieve the organization recognition necessary for the community to earn certification as a Blue Zones Community.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop strong relationships with target worksites to encourage their participation and support them in becoming a Blue Zones Approved Organization.
- Develop meaningful partnerships and relationships with community planners, advocacy groups and policy decision makers to help them adopt community policy that promotes well-being.
- Drive comprehensive adoption and advancement of the Blue Zones Project blueprint within the local business community, including identifying and leveraging contacts, creating partner relationships, and educating organizations on becoming a Blue Zones Approved Organization.
- Actively work with the local Blue Zones Project leadership team and maintain momentum and advancement of the assigned group's strategic plans within the community.
- Ensure coordination and integration of the organizational strategies and group initiatives so they are fully maximized and leveraged with each other to drive maximum exposure to all the touch points with the Blue Zones Project.
- Develop and meet monthly targets to ultimately achieve annual community blueprint places metrics.
- Compile organization performance/value measures, outcomes and community impact stories.